As businesses adjust to the use of digital documents, finding the right document scanning provider is a crucial part of the transition. While some companies may choose to use a storage company for their scanning needs, it is important to understand the benefits of utilizing a document scanning company. While a document storage company may have the ability to scan your documents, they would not be the best option for your important business documentation. Here’s why:
Expertise in Document Scanning
- A document scanning company has extensive knowledge and experience of scanning techniques, along with the highest quality equipment to handle your documents. They use advanced software to ensure that your documents are scanned at the highest possible quality and accuracy. Document scanning companies also have the ability to perform specialized scanning tasks, such as color correction, deskewing, cropping, and redaction, to ensure your documents are in the best condition.
2. A document storage company may not have the same level of efficiency as a document scanning company since it is not their main focus, and could take longer to scan your documents. A document scanning company has the correct amount of staffing, expertise, knowledge and technology to scan documents quickly and efficiently, especially since that is what they do day in and day out.
3. A document scanning company can provide customized solutions to meet your specific needs and tailor their services to suit your requirements. This can include whether you need to scan a large volume of documents or require specialized scanning services, like large format documents (maps, blueprints) or notebook scanning (bound and unbound). You can take care of all of your document scanning needs in one fell swoop.
4. Document scanning companies have robust security measures in place to protect your sensitive information. From the security of their facilities with mantraps and video surveillance, to the encryption and restricted access controls to ensure your data remains safe and confidential. For instance, The SSAE-18 (Statements on Standards for Attestation Engagements No. 18) Audit is a review, measurement and comparison on controls within a service organization; a standard put forth by the Auditing Standards Board (ASB) of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA). The SSAE-18 includes a complete review of a data center’s controls, processes and design, operational controls and policies, and the management’s description of system or service to a professional standard conducted by a third-party auditor. A storage company may not have the same level of security in place, putting your data at risk.
5. Due to the use of the best equipment, technology and expertise, a document scanning company can be a more cost-effective option compared to using a document storage company that offers document scanning. Being able to provide customized solutions that meet your specific needs can reduce the cost of unnecessary services and save you money in the long run.
Utilizing a document scanning company for your document scanning project versus a document storage company has numerous benefits. A document scanning company has the expertise, technology and security measures in place required to scan your documents in the most quick, efficient and cost-effective way, all without reducing the quality. If you’re looking to digitize your documents and move towards a paperless business, consider using an experienced document scanning company for the best possible results.